Safer Internet Day 2020 – Together for a Better Internet
Safer Internet Day 2020 is just around the corner, Tuesday next, February 11th. Now in it’s 17th year Safer Internet Day (SID) started out as an EU wide initiative to promote a safer internet for all users, especially young people. From cyberbullying to social media, each year Safer Internet Day aims to raise awareness of emerging online issues and chooses a topic reflecting current concerns. This year’s event continues with the theme “Together for a Better Internet” and the aim is to build on the 145,000 participants last time out. Highlighting and promoting Internet safety within your classroom can help encourage students to practice these behaviours inside and outside school. With technology use becoming more and more ubiquitous in classrooms across the country it is imperative that we actively encourage safe use of the devices and related technologies our students interact with on a daily basis. Participating in Safer Internet Day can be the springboard for this discussion and it’s simple to get involved…
How to get Involved?
- What will we do? See “10 Ways to get Involved in Safer Internet Day 2020” on webwise, you could run a poster competition, host a class debate, invite a speaker and more.
- Register your Event and get free SID wristbands, and be featured on our Safer Internet Day 2020 Event Map
- Checkout out comprehensive resources available on webwise to support and complement your planned event including downloadable presentations, guides and internet safety videos
- Share photos, videos and posters of your Safer Internet Day activities and be in with a chance of winning some great prizes.
- For more chances of winning enter the Safer Internet Day Awards
- Join the Safer Internet Day Ambassador Programme
- Visit saferinternetday.org to see what countries are doing to celebrate Safer Internet Day. Last year 135 countries across the globe took part
Lots to do…but remember with just a week to go, you better get cracking…Happy Safer Internet Day 2020!