Join the UD Community of Practice
The Centre for Excellence in Universal Design and H2 Learning are creating a new Community of Practice for teachers interested in Universal Design. Are you a post-primary or further education teacher curious about Universal Design and ready to bring your students on a journey of discovery and exploration? Then this community of practice should be the perfect fit…
What is Universal Design?
Universal Design is the design and composition of an environment so that it can be accessed, understood and used to the greatest extent possible by all people regardless of their age, size, ability or disability…Simply put, universal design is good design.
- A series of 6 short, practical webinars on how to introduce Universal Design to your students in engaging and creative ways.
- Access to high quality, customizable project ideas and lessons, suitable for both post-primary and further education settings.
- Ongoing support through an online professional learning community of teachers actively exploring and engaging with Universal Design.
- An opportunity to share ideas, experiences and best practice with like-minded teachers.
Why get Involved?
- Insight into how to provide opportunities for your students to experience Universal Design in engaging and interactive ways.
- Opportunities to share your experiences, insights and practice with other teachers and help promote Universal Design in post primary and further education settings.
- An invitation to take part in a Universal Design showcase event in 2020.
- The prospect of becoming a Universal Design champion and deliver UD professional development to other teachers in the future.