Digital School of Distinction Committee
In many primary schools around the country there are Green School Committees and Active School Committees that are made up of elected members from each class as well as one or two teachers. Some schools nominate members; some schools have committee volunteers and some hold elections to fill the committee places. For both of these committees students make up the majority of the committee.
In my own school the pupils on these committees give their time freely to attend meetings and also to do various tasks and jobs around the school to promote Green School and Active School activities. After seeing how successful these pupil led committees have performed I have decided to set up the school’s first Digital School of Distinction Committee.
The role of the Digital School of Distinction Committee will be to:
- Provide an opportunity for pupils to voice their opinions and offer suggestions in relation to I.C.T.
- Sharing I.C.T. knowledge and skills.
- Maintain and update school website.
- Take photos/videos of events in the school and upload to school website.
- Organise events to promote I.C.T. use within the school community.
- Promote and raise awareness of safety on the Internet in the school community.
Perhaps there are other school ICT leaders who have already set up a Digtial Schools of Distinction Committee and could reply to this post with their thoughts.