Churchill Archive – Open to All
The acclaimed Churchill Archive is now free for the first time to schools worldwide
The complete Churchill Archive (www.churchillarchive.com) provides over 800,000 original documents and is now free thanks to philantropist Laurence Geller. Enabling access for all to this comprehensive archive opens up exciting new opportunities for the teaching and learning of History and Politics in particular at secondary level.
Some of stand out records include:
- Churchill’s personal correspondence with family and friends
- Official exchanges with kings, presidents, politicians and military leaders
- Letters from constituents during Churchill’s long years as an MP
- Photographs and newspaper reports
- Speeches in various drafts
The Churchill Archive for Schools (available free of charge to all without registration) offers a selection of key documents from the complete Churchill Archive plus an expanding range of classroom-ready resources, specially developed by leading history educators.
- A special thank you to Deirdre Wildy, Head of Special Collections & Archives @ Queen’s University Belfast for bringing this excellent resource to our attention