New Irish MOOC for a Global Classroom
Locally developed online content developed by St. Patrick’s College, DCU, H2 Learning with Microsoft going global
21CLD (21st Century Learning Design) for educators, is a free online course that provides teachers around the world with clear and useful ways to develop 21st skills in their students, using digital technologies. The 21CLD MOOC explores each of the key 21st century skills and suggests ways teachers can practically apply them in their classrooms.
In total the MOOC consists of eight courses, an introduction, a conclusion and six other courses focusing on each specific 21CLD skill as outlined below…
– 21CLD Course 1: Introducing 21CLD
– 21CLD Course 2: Collaboration
– 21CLD Course 3: Skilled Communication
– 21CLD Course 4: Knowledge Construction
– 21CLD Course 5: Self-Regulation
– 21CLD Course 6: Real-World Problem-Solving and Innovation
– 21CLD Course 7: Use of ICT for Learning
– 21CLD Course 8: Embedding 21CLD in Practice
The series of eight courses consists of 20 hours of Office Mix Lessons, video and self-assessment materials. Educators can actively participate in the course by sharing their materials and by engaging in ongoing discussion as part of a community of learners.
The 21CLD MOOC can be accessed when logged into the Microsoft Educator Network at education.microsoft.com.